Position: Administrative Assistant , Big Apple Performing Arts ®
ABOUT BIG APPLE PERFORMING ARTS
Based in New York City, Big Apple Performing Arts (BAPA) is an LGBTQ-identified organization that serves as the non-profit management company for New York City Gay Men's Chorus (NYCGMC) and Youth Pride Chorus (YPC) and their sub-groups. BAPA's mission is to create and manage ensembles that strive toward artistic excellence, provide a safe space, and use the performing arts to bring people together, change lives, combat fear and hatred, and challenge perceptions of the LGBTQ community.
Big Apple Performing Arts (BAPA), the home of the New York City Gay Men’s Chorus and the Youth Pride Chorus, seeks a part-time (20 hours/week) administrative support person. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Donor Relationship Management
- Maintain an up-to-date database of donors and donations
- Track donor acknowledgement
- Generate reports upon request
- Office Administration
- Maintain tidiness of the office/set up for meetings, rehearsals and auditions
- Maintain and organize office supply inventory
- Maintain storage and inventory of audio equipment
- Facilitate booking of the office for small rehearsals
- Arts Administration
- Book rehearsal venues for chorus, ensemble and guest star rehearsals as requested by AD, Assistant AD and small ensemble directors
- Investigate and develop relationships with new rehearsal venues
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate rehearsal calendar
- File permits/contracts for rehearsal and performance venues
- Assist with setup and administration of ticketed events
- Assist with transport of merchandise and collateral materials to/from performance venues for productions
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with merchandise sales and transport
- Coordinate “rehearsal production” volunteers to deliver audio equipment to/from rehearsal venues
- Assist with email marketing creation and scheduling
- Assist with communication of information to the membership
- Field communication with subscribers, ticket buyers and merchandise buyers
- Maintain physical and email mailing lists
Mastery of Microsoft office suite, social media communications, and Google documents is a must. Experience in LGBTQ and other diverse communities is critical; a positive, ready-to-roll with the punches, jump-in-and-do attitude is a necessity. Some weekend and evening hours required. BAPA is an inclusive work place and actively seeks diverse applicants. Pay: $20/hr.
Send cover letter and resumes as PDF’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Your Name _Administrative Assistant Position” in Subject line. Position is open until filled, with an immediate start date.
BAPA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BAPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.