Big Apple Performing Arts
Job Title: Operations Manager
About Big Apple Performing Arts
Big Apple Performing Arts is the non-profit management company for New York City Gay Men’s Chorus (NYCGMC) and Youth Pride Chorus (YPC). With forty years of history, innovative programs, and service to the LGBTQ community, BAPA is renowned for producing legendary performances, commissioning new works, and taking a leading role in the movement for social justice. Through the power of song and cutting-edge performances, we are fearless champions for love, equality, and acceptance. From Carnegie Hall to City Hall, from the AIDS crisis to the struggle for marriage equality, as well as today’s gender and identity politics, the choruses of BAPA have been leaders and activists in the New York City community since 1980.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on donors, customers, and members
· Maintain records, report and serve as liaison regarding membership dues collection
· Generate donor and customer reports as directed by the Executive Director
· Maintain corporate files including Board minutes and miscellany
Communications/customer service management
· Serve as primary point of contact and information for the public via telephone and internet
· Serve as first point of contact for all booking inquiries for NYCGMC, Tonewall, and YPC
· Serve as administrator for donor database and event database/service; provide training and support as needed
· Generate routine donor acknowledgement letters and other communications
· Serve as administrative resource for Development Team, including donor prospect research, data-gathering, and follow-up
· Manage relationships with program advertisers
· Assist with annual appeals, including Give Out Day, year-end, Membership Fundraising Drive
Event and auction management
· Serve as primary point of contact for major fundraising events
· Coordinate tracking for auction items alongside volunteer coordinators, including generating descriptions, procurement, acknowledgements (pre-, during, and post-event)
· Work with Executive Director and volunteer coordinators to recruit, schedule, communicate, and manage the work of volunteers
· Ensure volunteer data is accurate in database
· Event specific: supervise check-in/check-out; oversee all technical aspects of event including stage/production management; manage schedule and timeline
Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in nonprofit administration
Excellent interpersonal skills
Desire to make a major difference in a vibrant organization that supports a resilient LGBTQ community
Working knowledge of New York’s vibrant arts and LGBTQ communities
A successful track record in cultural project management, either in a programmatic or support capacity
Service-minded: open, patient, communicative, and passionate about BAPA’s mission
Motivated to represent BAPA in the field
Strong computer and phone skills: full MS Office suite and database management experience, particularly donor software
Detail oriented and proficient at coordinating and communicating complex processes with compassion
Salary range is $45,000-50,000, commensurate with experience and skills. Office hours are generally 10 am – 6pm; some evenings and weekends required. Position includes health benefits, including vision and dental; retirement plan eligible; and a generous vacation and paid time off policy.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to the address below. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please list: ‘Operations Manager Search’ in the subject line.
Position start date: November 1, 2019
Big Apple Performing Arts
561 Seventh Avenue, Suite 701
New York, NY 10018
BAPA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BAPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BAPA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BAPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.